Monday, August 25, 2008

Living and Loving with Ortho ('cept it makes me f*ing crazy)

Holy Hell.

Ortho-Cept is reigning terror upon our house. I am a walking nightmare. Today, the beast that is my new temporary (oh please god I hope so) personality is sleeping, so I can actually type on the computer rather than throw it out of the window.

At the first glimpse that maybe this particular birth control pill might have an impact on my usual pleasant disposition, C and I did a little research to see how other people responded. Here are a few of my favorite testimonials:

"I experienced mood swings. They were, at times, severe."

"The reason they're called birth control pills is because when you're on them, you're such a raging bitch that nobody wants to have sex with you."

What would normally roll like water off a duck's back is now sending me into a rage. A few months ago, when I was taking progesterone after insemination attempts - I definately felt a little short fused, but what's happening now is coming out of nowhere. C and I really don't fight and I'm snapping and bitching at her all the time. Jeezus - my sister has been on bc pills for years - is this why she's such a jerk all of the time?!

We start Lupron on Wednesday.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that video was hilarious LOL

- Strawberry

Eva said...

Yikes! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! That was hysterical! Good luck with the Lupron, and the cycle, of course.

Eva said...

how are you ladies doing?