Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thank God for Google

I thought I was done for the night but this is too good.

I'm really excited about the Olympics kicking off tomorrow. I follow several of the events, but soccer is my true love. After their inspirational and heartbreaking performance in the 2003 World Cup, Sweden has become my team.

I just found out that my favorite player on the Swedish team, Victoria Svensson, has recently come out! Yay! Even better, she and her wife gave birth to a little girl a few months ago. I found the Swedish newspaper that carried the story and entered it into Google's translation software in order to read the article, and this is the headline that popped out.

Why can't the rest of the world's media be so directive?!

1 comment:

Pufferfish said...

Um, just a guess, but maybe because the Swedish don't elect evangelical idiots as the leader of their free world. I mean, I'm just guessing here.