Thursday, August 14, 2008

Born At The Right Time

Much to my happiness, my cycle started yesterday, which means that we've officially jumped into the IVF train.

We went into today for a baseline bloodtest and ultrasound. Everything is looking good - no cysts. Dr. Love 2.0 found 4 follicles on the right and 13 on the left! Hopefully this means the kids won't grow up to be Republicans.

I'll start birth control on Sunday and then Lupron about 13 days later. Thankfully, the Lupron is a stomach injection that I can do myself. C's not going to have an easy time becoming the injector - fortunately, we've got some time before we need to worry about that.

More than anything, I'm pleasantly surprised with how excited I am to be active again in this process instead of just waiting. The IVF decision wasn't an easy one for either one of us. We could have decided to save some money and do another cycle or two of IUI, but I was afraid of the possibility of the IUIs not working and feeling defeated as we move to IVF. I'm excited about feeling excited and optimistic, because a few weeks ago I feared that I was going to be walking into this feeling desperate. I definately attribute some of this good state-of-mind to acupuncture - it has really chilled me the hell out.

Our next appointment is next week for a trial transfer, which is when they go in and measure the length and angle of my uterus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We wish you both the best of luck!

Pufferfish said...

That's great you are moving forward in the IVF direction and experiencing a welcome feeling for it.
As you know I am a big fan of acupuncture, so I'm glad you tried it and that it's working.

One question: You haven't started stimming yet but you have 17 follicles? I'm confused. Maybe I don't understand what's going on?!
Can you explain? Thanks!

Heather said...

I'm very excited for you guys! If you have any questions or need anything, just ask. We just went through all of this not too long ago.