Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It Won't Be Long

One of the good things about Hurricane McFailin’ making landfall in the Twin Cities this week is that it’s providing some good distraction to our impending IVF.

I’m off the birth control pills and am just waiting for my period so that we can begin the stims. If all goes according to the master calendar, the egg retrieval should take place on 9-20 and the transfer on 9-22.

I can’t tell you how happy I am to be done with the bc pills. The Lupron isn’t having any noticeable side effects – I don’t even mind the shots all that much. The needle is really, really small and I’m thankful that I can administer it myself.

I’m trying to stay positive and grounded – but I’m nervous. I’m nervous to move beyond this point and be on the other end, waiting for news. I like being here – feeling like I’m actively involved in the lead up to the process and not just waiting for time to pass. I’m scared to think about what it means for us if it doesn’t take.

C is wonderful and supportive – but I do feel a little alone. Thank you to all of you and letting me join this community.

6 comments:

Lizzie said...

I often feel a little alone too, despite my partner's amazing support. Yay for being done with BCP! I've so got my fingers crossed for you.

Anonymous said...

No more BCP's, yay! I understand the lonliness, so glad we all have found each other.

Heather said...

whoohoo no more BC! Hopefully everything will continue to go smoothly for you girls..

Here is too lots and lots of follies!!

Anonymous said...

I was suprised,after all the horror stories I'd heard about lupron--I felt fine on it. I hope it continues to be benign.

S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S. said...

though i havent commented before, i love following your blog!

i just received my box o' drugs yesterday & will start lupron next wednesday. glad to hear it isn't too bad - getting all of those needles was rather overwhelming!