Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can't think of a title

I think I mentioned this a few weeks ago, at our first OB/GYN appointment, our doctor said that if we started to feel nervous that we could come in for an u/s to see the heartbeat for reassurance. We’ve managed to not let ourselves get too freaked out that something has gone wrong. One of the things that has helped is that my morning sickness seems to have kicked in to full gear. It feels like a sign that things are progressing well down there. For the last few weeks, I’ve sort of had one symptom at a time. I’d be woozy in the morning, which was replaced by heartburn after lunch and then my naseau would make itself known on the ride home from work.

Now, I am feeling everything at the same time, all day long. I feel conspicuous complaining about it since we have paid tens of thousands of dollars for this very feeling. I also feel guilty complaining about it since I’m sure there are women out there who have been through worse and even more women would be happily take on my symptoms times ten. Despite all of this, it’s unpleasant.

C and I have both been having bad dreams lately. C’s dreams tend to focus around something horrible happening to me in childbirth and mine tend to be about the world being destroyed. Last night, I dreamt that the planet Mercury somehow got off course and was going to collide with the Earth in 8 hours. There wasn’t enough time to send up a rescue mission like Morgan Freeman did in Deep Impact, so C and I were left to decide what we were going to do, take matters into our own hands, etc. I woke up in a bit of a panic and didn’t really fall back asleep after that. The weird thing is that the nightmares are so vivid, it takes an unusually long time to figure out that they are only dreams.

I’ll end this post on some good news – a GREAT thing happened today. I had completely forgotten that I loaned my 3 seasons of Arrested Development to a friend at work. She’s probably had them for a year – and she brought them back today! I definitely foresee an AD marathon sometime during my 4-day weekend. I am STOKED!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

i just started watching arrested development, while i was out for surgery!!!! Id never seen it. I watched Seasons 1 and 2 in a week, i loved it so much. :) last night i even had a dream i was hanging out with the Bluth family. I think Tobias and Buster are my fave.

Anonymous said...

Try not to feel guilty...morning (all-day) sickness is awful, even if you've been wanting the baby really badly. You can complain as much as you want if you remain grateful for what you have ;)