Monday, October 13, 2008

Still On This Rollercoaster

There is no logical reason to think that anything has gone wrong, but over the last 24 hours, I have definately entertained the idea that this being inside of me isn't thriving. My symptoms today aren't as strong as they were yesterday and Saturday.

I'm asleep by 8:30 - last night it was 10:30.
My boobs have been sore and veiny - today they aren't as noticeable.
I've been peeing alot - today not quite as often.

There's no blood, no cramping, no scary sypmtoms - just sort of nothing. All of the sites, books, etc says that this is normal, but I can't help but feel a little nervous. It's normal right?

Do you think that years from now, it's going to seem barbaric that our generation has to wait until the next doctor appointment to find out our beta numbers and ultrasound results? At what point will there be an iphone application for immediate and constant hcg monitoring?

7 comments:

S. said...

yes!!! i love that idea! that would do away with the barbaric TWW also! you could know the second your babies implant and your body starts producing hcg! waiting 2 weeks post-ovulation/retrieval is cruel.

thanks for your kind comments on my blog this morning, i appreciate it :)

N said...

I think the nerves are normal. I hope so. I'm convinced of it myself. The very few symptoms I had went, and then came and then went, and I don't know what's me, and what's the prometrium... and the universe will be lucky if I don't throttle somebody before my sono in a week and a half. Ugh. I hope that all is well, and this is just paranoia that will be laughed upon in a year or so.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment! This is completely normal and I am sure that everything is better than fine. Hang in there!

Heidi said...

Totally normal!! Both the lack of symptoms, and the panicking.

I would like both a constant hcg monitor and a window built into my belly so I can always see the baby please...

Anonymous said...

contstant HCG monitoring would be on my list of most wanted upgrades to infertility care. My sister says that the symptoms wax and wane. She's had 7 children, so I know she's not just saying that to make me feel better. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's fine too. And I am with you on that iphone application. Not that I have an iphone, but I imagine I will in the future. It always seems so crazy to me that we can't know more of what's happening in OUR OWN BODIES!

I'm thinking good thoughts for you.

Pufferfish said...

I think it's just your body's way of getting used to all of these hormones. It's crazy that we can't know more about what's going on in there. Hang in there!