Thursday, October 9, 2008

Coffee

Hey girl – do you miss me like I miss you?
Do you ever think about me?
I know there were others – but they never meant as much as you did.
Sushi, gorgonzola, pinot noir? Girl please, I can’t even remember what they look like.
I only remember you.
Do you remember our mornings of creamy delicious goodness?
Girl, I do. I really do.

I see you walking around with others.
I can smell you on their breath.
Don’t think it doesn’t hurt me, 'cause it does.
How can you do me like that? After all that money I spent on you?
Grinders, latte machine, top of the line brewer?
For something so warm, you sure can be cold.

Girl, I promise that I’ll come back to you – will you have me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Studies have shows no harm in a small cup a day while pregnant (not any of that grande Starbucks stuff), although I understand you wanting to hold off. But seriously, if you are really craving it, a little bit won't hurt :) Maybe you'll feel better after the first trimester about it.

Pufferfish said...

Yeah, it's true, studies have shown...but I bet those studies didn't take into account the 20K spent to get pregnant, did they?!

I miss it too--much more than anything else! I had some of the contraband on vacation and now I'm actually regretting it b/c I had to give it up AGAIN.
It's very sad to see my fancy machine gathering dust.

I say, once you kick it, leave it.
For me one latte every now and then isn't what I want. I want you every day!!!

Anonymous said...

Nothing beats coffee, I love your ode to it.

Water-processed decaf gets me through some tough days... but nothing beats full strength black cup o' love.