Wednesday, December 10, 2008

33.3% There

Technically, our first trimester is over. It's hard to believe it since my naseau has been at a raging pitch for the past 3 weeks and isn't showing any signs of weakening. I wake up gagging and stay naseated all day long. Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled to be feeling so horrible, because it means the pregnancy is progressing. I'm really thankful to be in this position, regardless of how horrible I feel physically.

We had an u/s yesterday. It was awesome. Mr. Shanahan was really active - swinging his arms above his head and squirming all around - it was really amazing. Everything is looking so great we've decided to go public with our news at work. So far, the response has been really positive.

I wish I had the energy to write more - it's a miracle I'm up this late as it is.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow already 2nd trimester?? Glad the ultrasound went well - sounds like a real character you've got there!

Anonymous said...

Time is flying! I'm sorry you feel so crappy but am so happy to hear that everything is okay with the baby.

Pufferfish said...

That was fast! Sorry you are still feeling so crappy, but hopefully it will get better soon. That must be hard. Very glad to hear the baby is doing great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on waving bye-bye to the first ti. Nutella is still feeling nauseous at 21 weeks and has to keep taking zofran. I hope it goes away for you though- many people have told me they started feeling better at 16 weeks. Yay for an active baby and great ultrasound. Pictures??

Mommy J's Wild Ride said...

Oh my. Here's to hoping you're feeling better soon. I'm at 32 weeks and like Nutella, still taking meds. I'm on Phenegren though. I was on Zofran but it give you nasty migraines. Congrats on making it through the 1st trimester. No matter how you're feeling, that's always a great milestone :)

Eva said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Amy said...

i just found your blog and wanted to congratulate you on completing your first trimester. hopefully you'll feel better soon and will be able to actually enjoy the process rather than just being grateful that it's happening! now i'll go and read some of your older posts to learn more ; )

--amy (http://raz.blogs.com)

A said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to say congrats on getting through your first trimester. I'm so glad the u/s went great and hopefully the naseau goes away soon. Have a great holiday.

Carrie said...

dying for an update!!!! how are you gals doing? :)