Saturday, July 26, 2008

Monday

I'm really looking forward to our appointment at our fertility practice on Monday. I think at this point, I'll refer to our doctor as Dr. Love. Even though we're not where we want to be yet, C and I know we're in great hands. 

When I say 'looking forward', I don't think it's excited anticipation completely. I'm excited about the prospect of being back on a schedule of action rather than on a schedule of waiting - I'm also nervously anticipating the news we'll get. In the back of my mind, I'm scared that Dr. Love is going to suggest that we try a different donor. C is South American and we were lucky enough to find ONE donor who shares her ethnicity. I'm praying that this isn't the suggestion. 

Last night, we went to a 40th birthday bash for a good friend of ours. After our big fat negative last Saturday, I've been dreading the idea of a party all week. I just haven't been in the mood to pretend to be having a good time. We ended up going and I felt better than I thought I would. This party, wasn't so much of a 40th birthday party as it was a 21st birthday party. The bash started at their house and a party bus, complete with a stripper pole, picked us up a few hours later to take us to a karaoke bar. We left prior to the sloppy after party which inevitably would have involved getting thrown up on.

Friends - if you need a distraction, watching your friends invoke their inner star via 'Baby Got Back' might be just what you need.

1 comment:

Heather said...

hello hello... I just came across your blog today and just wanted to let you know that I was reading along :)