Monday, April 19, 2010

Crib Training 2.0

My son has never been a great sleeper and his most recent cold/fever has definitely set us back a bit. I think most babies, when they aren’t feeling well, just want to be held. My son is no exception to this rule. On Wednesday and Thursday night, I slept with him on the couch because it was the only way either one of us were going to get any shut-eye. He just would not stay down in his crib. I would rock and rock and rock him in the glider until he was fast asleep and as soon as his head hit the crib mattress, he would pop right back up and reach his arms out to be picked up. (Maybe I’m just a sucker, but I couldn’t resist!)

His fever is gone and his cold is on the way out (mostly), but a good portion of my weekend was spent trying to get him to sleep in his crib again. I guess 96 straight hours of being held can certainly make a crib feel like cruel and unusual punishment.

Last night, after an hour and a half of rocking and a few false starts, he finally stayed in his crib and slept the night through. The world is truly a glorious place after getting 7 uninterrupted hours of sleep.

1 comment:

2girlsandtheirfamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.