Thursday, February 19, 2009

24 Weeks (almost)

Almost at 24 weeks – things are going well. Here’s a new interesting little symptom. When I sit for long periods of time, I get a burning pain just below my bra line on the right side. I started noticing it about 2 weeks ago. According to the goog.le, it’s pretty normal and most seem to chalk it up to round ligament pain. It’s weird and can be a bit distracting.

We’ve found a lawyer for the second parent adoption. I’m trying not to get too sideways about the absurdity of having to spend thousands of dollars so that my wife can adopt her own child, but that’s just the way it goes. The lawyer has estimated that the whole thing will cost about $3K, which is great since I was thinking it would be closer to $5K. We meet with him next week to get the paperwork started. I’m due to give birth in June and we are planning a vacation with friends in August. I really don’t want to leave the state, let alone step foot into a red state, without paperwork in hand. He thinks we should be able to be wrapped up by then.

Here’s something interesting. We’ve been doing research on cribs. Consum.er Re.ports ranks 2 cribs as having the highest rating for safety – one of them is an Ike.a crib and only costs $150! Now, it’s not going to win any design awards – it’s pretty plain and understated, but did I mention that it’s $150 AND that it converts to a toddler bed?! Sold.

Lately, I’ve found myself facebooking all sorts of people who I haven’t talked to in years. College friends who I haven’t thought about in 10 years – friends that I made after college who I’ve lost touch with. It’s weird, all of the sudden I’ve just had this burr up my butt out reaching out to people who I’ve grown apart from. I don’t know if the pregnancy is to blame or what. Anyone else out there finding themselves digging through the past?

We start birthing classes in about a week and a half. Right now we’re signed up with a Bradley method class – our OB is recommending Hypnobirthing. Any opinions?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been detailing our (3 so far) Bradley classes on the blog if you want to check it out. Some stuff we knew, some we didn't, but it's nice feeling like we're preparing ourselves as best we can. Congrats on almost 24 weeks!

Anonymous said...

whoa, i cant believe you are 24 weeks already!

could you post the details of the super safe, super cheap crib?

Anonymous said...

sounds like you've got the 'tend and befriend' bug. Maybe more oxytocin is running around in your body?

Eva said...

I'm glad to hear that you are close to 24 weeks. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

yoooohooooo!

CD and SP said...

we are proud owners of the ultra-cheap and plainly modern-yet-classic Gulliver Crib from Ike@. We picked it for its non-toxic surfaces and it's understated modernity and simplicity. (We were going for the hip modern-yet-classic look in the nursery). And of course the price couldn't be beat!

We love it! Well, Theo loves it, more importantly!

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to think that the next time you post will be to say that le bebe has arrived...miss you.

Pufferfish said...

Where have you disappeared? Miss you! Hope all is well in Les Make Babies land...

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

Hi, just wanted to check in and see how u guys were doing. Where have you been? I was following your blog early on and we did our IVF cycle within days of eachother.we had our twins really early and I stopped reading my blogs. Hope all is well!